Five Selfless Gifts
1. For the Ones Who Have Everything: Give a gift to the Food Bank in their honor. We’ll send you a notification once we receive your contribution, and we’ll send a special note to your friends or loved ones to let them know that a gift has been made in their names. Make your honorary gift today.
2. Matching Gift: Ask your employer if they offer a matching gift program. Encourage them to host a food or fund drive and match employee contributions, if only for the holiday season.
3. Potluck Dinner Party: Have your dinner guests bring food donations that make a meal, e.g., pasta and spaghetti sauce, peanut butter and jelly or boxed macaroni and cheese. Download our Food Drive Toolkit for theme ideas and a list of our most-needed foods. And be sure to snap a photo of your guests with their donations and share it on the Food Bank’s Facebook page!
4. Day of Service: Set up a day to volunteer at the Food Bank with your club, school, class or coworkers. We are always in need of energetic helpers to sort, package and stock food. Sign up today.
5. Shopper’s Rewards: Now you can support the Food Bank each time you buy groceries and other sundry food items. And it won’t cost you an extra cent.
- Food Lion: Enroll your MVP Card in the MVP Rewards program. Each time you purchase selected Food Lion Private Brands with your MVP card, you’ll help us earn a share of the $1 million Food Lion gives away throughout the year. Click here to register your MVP Card. When prompted, enter our code – 252229 – and follow the instructions to find and add the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank as your charity of choice.
- Project 7: This consumer goods company gives back to the community through every day purchases. More than 7,000 stores, coffee shops and bookstores sell their products, including Wal-Mart and Target. Each time you purchase a Project 7 product – things like mints, gum, coffee and water – you are supporting selected non-profit organizations, including Feeding America and the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. Find out where Project 7 products are sold nearest you.
Shop for the Hungry from Home
RelayFoods.com is supporting the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank with an easy way to donate food items to the hungry in the Charlottesville area. Through this online grocery shopping site, customers can not only purchase their own food items, but a select few for donations to the Food Bank as well. Without any added fees or subscriptions, customers simply choose items they would like to contribute, check out online, and those items will be delivered directly to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank for distribution to families throughout parts of Central Virginia. This service will be available year-round www.RelayFoods.com.