- We can host work, church, or school groups up to 20 people, in our Verona headquarters. Group sizes in other locations range from 5 to 10.
- For youth groups ages 12-15 we require one adult chaperone per 3 children, and one adult present for every 6 youth, ages 16 and 17.
- Groups require special scheduling, so contact Jennifer Clark Robertson to begin.
Kids and Youth
To ensure the safety of volunteers in an active warehouse setting, we have certain age limits in all onsite locations. Our youngest volunteers are 12, onsite.
- Verona: In the Food Recovery area, youth ages 12-15 years old may volunteer when accompanied by a parent or guardian, and age 16+ without an adult. Only those age 18+ may volunteer in the Warehouse.
- Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Winchester: Youth ages 12-17 years old may volunteer when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
To engage younger children in the fight against hunger, visit our Talk About Hunger page for ideas, and keep an eye on our volunteer calendar for storefront food drive opportunities during September and the holidays.